Thursday, May 31, 2012

She's crafty

So I kind of have a thing for matching... it's a bit OCD really. So today I finally did a project I've been wanting to do for a while cause it's been driving me crazy. Stellan's room is the only room in the house that I'm actually happy with, the rest are a work in progress (and will be for quite some time). But there was one thing in his room that didn't really go with the rest of it. And you'll totally laugh at me, but it had to be fixed. :)



Yes... his baby wipes container. His room is blue/green/yellow, and this was the closest thing I could find to matching, but the brown & beige has always kinda bothered me, and the green is totally not the right color (see... OCD). So I pulled out the leftover scrapbook paper that I used to decorate the letters above his crib, and of course you can't do crafts without Mod Podge. (I LOVE Mod Podge... every time I think of a project to do, my first thought is "I wonder if Mod Podge will work...")

This isn't a tutorial, so here are some pictures of the end result. :)

I didn't have enough of the blue to do the whole thing, so I did the sides with yellow and front/back with blue.


SO much better!


The color scheme.


In it's place. :)


I'm still amazed how well the paper matches the fabric of all his bedding... the paper was bought 4 years after the bedding (it was Read's too) and I didn't even have a sample of the fabric when I found the paper. This is the diaper stacker that hangs off the end of the changing table.



So there ya go. :) Yes, I know I'm silly and weird but this was my major accomplishment for the day, and I'm pretty proud of it. :)

-Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment